On behalf of the EstVCA Management Board, we want to thank you for making 2021 truly a year to remember. We’ve seen absolute records in fundraising, new LPs entering the market, were honoured to host the first Nordic-Baltic conference and have witnessed investments and exits in new heights. In this newsletter, we will give an overview of our December news as well as recap the whole year. 2021 in a nutshell
- NEW MEMBERS: We welcomed supercool new members – VNTRS, Siena Secondary Fund, KPMG, Tech X Legal and Technopolis Ülemiste! Great to have you in the family!
- NEW FUNDS: 8 funds announced record-size fundraising – Tera Ventures, BaltCap, Karma Ventures, Livonia Partners, Change Ventures, EfTEN United Property Fund & EfTEN Real Estate Fund 5, VNTRS/VEQ. Not to mention SmartCap’s announcements to create new deep tech and green tech funds.
- NEW BOARD: EstVCA members elected our new 11-member board for the 2021-2023 period.
- NEW FUND TYPE: In good cooperation with the Estonian Ministry of Finance, developed the regulation for the creation of feeder funds in Estonia for also retail investors to be able to invest in PE/VC funds.
- INVESTMENTS & EXITS: 50+ investments, 15+ exits by our funds, exact data coming in Q1/2022.
- EVENTS: Hosted 10 events, including the Nordic-Baltic Momentum, the Baltic VCA Summit and numerous Coffee Connections events on ESG, exits, fund structuring, ecosystem development etc.
- REPORTS: The first-ever “Women in PE Baltics” report was published, accompanied by our very own Baltic and Estonian PE/VC market reports, the semi-annual Market Pulse survey and contributed to a wide variety of European tech reports.
- REGULATORY: Our legal & regulatory team worked on various projects related to sustainable finance (SFDR), taxation, fund creation & structuring, talent attraction and digital business environment.
- EDUCATION: in fruitful cooperation with universities were able to contribute to the creation of industry syllabus >> in spring 2022 a special PE/VC 8-week course is to start at TalTech and Estonian Business School universities, all lecturers being EstVCA members.
EstVCA news and updates in December 2021
- Recap: Estonian Startup Ecosystem Fireside Chat 2021
- EstVCA Market Pulse #3 report results
- Funds: EfTEN launched a new fund and acquired Danske Bank office building in Vilnius
- Our members' investments & exits:
- Change Ventures participates in the $30 million investment round to Planet42
- Change Ventures leads the $3M seed round to Dogo
- BaltCap invests in apparel and footwear retailer Weekend to accelerate its growth in the New Nordics
- Livonia Partners to acquire a majority stake in composite structures producer CSUB
- EXIT: BPM Mezzanine Fund exited its investment in a world-class B2B IT procurement solution provider Markit
Read the EstVCA December 2021